On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 6:31 PM, Angus Mann <angusm...@pobox.com> wrote:
> When I use a form to upload a file, using $_FILES['uploadedfile']['name']
> and move_uploaded-file($_FILES['uploadedfile']['name'], $targetpath) strange
> effects happen.
>
> The file is uploaded to the target directory just as it should.
>
> But when I access this directory as a network share on a different machine,
> the file is not visible.

This sounds more like a windows permissions problem than PHP or XAMPP
related. Make sure the user that is connecting to the network share
has rights to view files on the windows box. It sounds like the user
that is running XAMPP has full control (or at least read/write/delete)
to that directory, but the user connecting to the network share
doesn't.

> When I go to delete the file, or the entire uploads folder, the file is not
> deleted, nor the folder. If the folder contains anything I put there
> manually (ie. not uploaded as above) that is deleted, but the uploaded
> content remains.

Yeah, definitely sounds like a permissions issue.

I'm not much of a windows admin, but this looks like it might help:
http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/05/25/how-to-take-ownership-and-grant-permissions-in-windows-vista/

HTH,

Brady