At 5:13 PM +0100 5/27/10, Ashley Sheridan wrote:

I don't use the higher range of characters often, but I do sometimes use
them for things like the graphical glyphs (1Ž2)&, etc) I know I could do
those with regular text and the Wingdings font, but that's not available
on every computer, and breaks the semantic meaning behind the glyphs.

Thanks,
Ash

Ash:

I read briefly on the css discuss list there is a movement to "force" download of fonts (i.e., char sets) to make layouts work. Apparently some browsers allow for that but I have not read up on it and I may have the wrong impression, but that was my take.

For the exception of "evil" fonts, it seemed like a good idea.

Cheers,

tedd
--
-------