At 10:32 AM -0500 5/19/11, Shawn McKenzie wrote:
On 05/18/2011 02:22 PM, tedd wrote:

 > http://sperling.com/php/authorization/

 > What do you people think?

I have to agree about the braces, but at our ages that's not going to
change :-)

My suggestion would be to use syntax highlighting.  Geshi is a very good
one that supports lots of languages/syntaxes, but PHP's highlight_file()
and highlight_string() do an adequate job.

As the site grows and you have PHP, HTML, CSS, JS and maybe INI files
and SQL, then Geshi would handle all of these.

--
Thanks!
-Shawn

-Shawn:

I thought about that and even considered using "syntaxthighter", but decided against it because of the amount of code it requires -- and what happens when JS is off?

So, I wrote a simple routine to show the code I want in the way I want it. For example, the code that runs the demo is what is shown, but the header and footer is replaced to something simpler.

Additionally, all code looks the same to me -- highlighting some syntax in PHP, but not in JavaScript looks strange to me. YMMV.

Thanks for your review.

Cheers,

tedd

--