I want to set up a script that sends a bunch of emails - pauses - and
resumes until all messages are sent.

The way this will happen is that a person will create the newsletter, check
it, and then press the "Send" button which will start the process of sending
the mail in bunches. How do I get a script to run in the background? I am
only familiar with processing script within an html page that is returned to
a client. Will a script like this keep running even if a browser window is
closed?

Also is there any examples of this kind of app?

Regards,

Matthew Delmarter
Web Developer

AdplusOnline.com Ltd