> form tag in NS (4x - 6x) there is some additional space

The form tag is a block level tag, thus white space will be appended
after the closing tag.

To avoid this, I use a style on the form element. I do this for both IE
and Navigator, in different ways, as I've found they seem to react
differently to the required CSS.

For Navigator, in the style sheet,

  .form {
    display: inline;
  }

and in the HTML,

  <form class="form" method="post">

and for IE, in the style sheet,

  form {
    display: inline;
  }

and in the HTML,

  <form method="post">

I prefer using PHP to send the correct style and HTML dependent on the
user agent, but you can incorporate the two - in the style sheet,

  form, .form {
    display: inline;
  }

and in the HTML,

  <form class="form" method="post">

and IE will ignore the bits it doesn't do, as will Navigator.

Hope that helps.

Regards

James