* Manuel Lemos ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) [Jan 18. 2002 00:47]:

> Hello,

Hi Manuel,

> Francesco Gallarotti wrote:

> > I am a student in a college in NY state. Here we have several
> > servers and dozens of courses on computer science. No server is PHP
> > ready and no course instructor knows anything about PHP. Why do you
> > think this is happening? I really like PHP and I am using it in my
> > personal website to work with some text files and a small database.
> > Why PHP is so not popular in the computer science teaching area?

[...]

> Unfortunately, in this world when somebody does not know about
> something, what is important is not what that "is" but what "seems
> to be". So humans seem to give more credit to something that appears
> often in many places than something that appears not very much in only
> one place.

I have a client that recently moved their site to another server. Said
server didn't have PHP installed. Certain parts of the client's site
wouldn't function without PHP because, ahem, those parts were written in
PHP. When I approached the system's administrator about installing PHP,
he uttered:

"PHP is too new. If it were coded in Perl it would work perfectly."

Mega'tard Nonsense.

[snipped the rest of possibly the longest post ever made to php-general]
;-D

And, I know, it's not /that/ damned new. I've had to deal with that
type of response before, and it's getting annoying.

--
Brian Clark | Avoiding the general public since 1805!
Fingerprint: 07CE FA37 8DF6 A109 8119 076B B5A2 E5FB E4D0 C7C8