Hello,

Lars Wilhelmsen wrote:

> "Ben Clumeck" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> > I would like to send an e-mail (the same e-mail) to 1,000 different
> people.
> > I want each persons name to be in the "To:" field.  Is there a way to
> > customize it to where it can say Dear____ (having a different persons name
> > corresponding to an e-mail address) so that it looks customized.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Ben
> >

> What you are describing is called SPAMMING, something
> we really, really dislike.

You are confused. Spamming is sending the same message to the same
person more than once.

What I think you mean is unsolicited e-mail. The original poster did not
mention whether the people he wants to mail want to receive his
messages, so you can't assume that is necessarily unsolicited.

> Answer to your question: yes, it's pretty simple, but PHP
> is generally a language for web applications, I think Perl
> is more suited for your needs.

There is absolutely nothing in sending messages to thousands of users in
Perl that can't be done in PHP.

I am the developer of the PHP classes site. The site sends out regularly
notifications about new classes made available to about 30.000 users.
Each notification on takes 4 seconds to queue. The local mail server
takes care of delivery.

> And no, I do not want to teach anyone how to send 1,000
> email to 1,000 different persons.

So why bother posting?!?

Regards,
Manuel Lemos