There are quite a few ways of doing this.

 1. Get MySQL to do the caching for you, using temporary tables.
 2. Get something like the Zend Cache to handle it transparently
 3. Use a global session (which everyone shares, or just specific groups of
people) which you can embed data in
 4. Use a ramdisk / mfs partition to store "hard copies".. if they are only
updated once a day, then disk I/O is unlikely to be a problem.
 5. Use shared memory to expand on number 3

The key questions you need to ask yourself are:

 1. Whats the scope of the caching? eg: per use, per page, per website...
 2. Whats the TTL (time to live) on the cache? eg: 5 mins, 5 visits, 5
hours, 5 days...
 3. Whats being cached? eg: MySQL results, processed results, derrived
information...

The answer to those questions will help you determine which one of the 5
options (there are ones other than the ones listed btw) you require.

--
Dan Hardiker [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
ADAM Software & Systems Engineer