[EMAIL PROTECTED] (1lt John W. Holmes) wrote in
003301c1fa80$6cdfd1d0$2f7e3393@TB447CCO3:">news:003301c1fa80$6cdfd1d0$2f7e3393@TB447CCO3:
> The term I use is "keeping honest people out"

Not necessarily.

If the whole thing is designed the right way.
A copy protection I like for example are dongles. Ok, they are not
applicable to PHP and aren't 100% secure either [don't want to start a
discussion about this now]. But this system makes no problems for the
people that have the dongle.

That was why first came up with this question. As a PHP beginner I wanted
to know if there are elegant ways to make a acceptable copy protection.

There seem to be only 3 possibilities:
- zend encoder
- a code obfuscator like POBS
- encrypting the source code and then decrypting it in realtime

I do not expect any more replies ;)

Udo

Posted by ELKNews 1.0.4-B
Empower your News Reader! http://www.atozedsoftware.com