Jeff,

One quick thought ...

Is your cookie domain the same domain as the URL domain you are using to
test this? If not, the browser will not send the cookie, so that is a
potential reason for this behavior.

If the domain is the same, I see no reason why this shouldn't work, but
I have two ideas you can try.

1. Rather than using the name of the cookie, try this on the receiving page:

<pre>
<?
print_r($_COOKIE);
?>
</pre>

This should dump the entire array to the screen and would reveal any
naming problems.

2. View the HTTP transactions themselves to make sure the proper
Set-Cookie and Cookie headers are being used. There are several
utilities that can help do this, and I recently wrote one in PHP (it's a
quick hack though) you can get at http://protoscope.org/. The messages
of interest are the original HTTP response from your Web server (which
should contain the Set-Cookie header) and any future HTTP request (which
should contain the Cookie header). This is the most reliable way to
really analyze these types of problems.

Hopefully these ideas will help uncover something.

Chris