> > Yes.  What's the point in taking the user's information if you
> > aren't going to store it somewhere. Even if all you need to do is
> > email the data upon completion of the form, storing the data for
> > later use would be a good idea.
> Since it seems like you are inferring otherwise, I should say that a
> database isn't the only way to store information.

Of course there are.  And if I infered otherwise, that was not my
intention.

> Also, many multiple page forms like this are for some sort of user
> registration or similar task where you might want the entire process
> completed prior to creating a user record. Perhaps he doesn't want to
> create the record in the database prior to the user finishing all the
> screens.

But even incomplete records can have useful information.  What page did
the user stop at, for example.  Keeping this kind of data in a permanent
store has use even beyond the application.

> Sessions are the more straightforward approach to keeping up with
> data like this.

Perhaps.  Depends on what, ultimately, you want to use the data for.

> After all, not everything warrants permanent storage,
> which is why most Web applications generally have two data stores:
> 1. Permanent user record data store (where you might store username
> and password, for example)
> 2. Session data store (where you might store whether a user is logged
> in or keep up with form data from page to page)

We always have a permanent store, keeping even the incomplete records.
It helps us out in alot of other ways.

Chris