How do I disable apache 2.0?

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Sheets [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, February 08, 2003 6:33 PM
To: Victor
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [PHP] any windows php developers out here?

You can install PHP + Apache 1.3 on Windows pretty easily.  There are
instructions in the manual at http://www.php.net/manual and there are
also pre-constructed installers that other people make (try
www.hotscripts.com/PHP under applications).

If you just need to get apache 1.3 installed on redhat you just need to
either disable apache 2 or install apache 1.3 and make it listen on a
different port (8080 or something).  You can have both installed if you
configure them with a --prefix, something like ./configure
--prefix=/usr/local/apache13

Jason
On Sat, 2003-02-08 at 16:13, Victor wrote:
> Hello, I am wondering if any of you got a reliable php and MySQL
> installation (MySQL is easy) I am mostly wondering if there is a point
> in tying to use windows as a development platform for PHP. I have a
nice
> and working red hat 8.0 installation, but I did an upgrade from 7.3
and
> now apache doesn't work cuz it wants me to switch form apache 1.X to
2.X
> and all I want is to erase the old apache and use the new one or erase
> the new one and use the old one, whichever works. But anyway... I also
> do design and I have people submit me illustrator and Photoshop files
> and word docs, so for now I might have to stick to windows for work.
BUT