Am 01.06.2012 17:55, schrieb John Bessa:
> The greatest benefit for me is that SSH has been ruinously slow.
> Each line has to be sent out as a whole to be efficient.
>
> I can see 2 (or 2 1/2) direct improvements that leverage (X)HTML:
>
> First, making directory (or folder) names hypertext links that bring
> you right to that folder would speed up admin considerably.

Hi,
sorry for the late answer. I am the current maintainer of phpshell.
There are already links in the "Current Working Directory:"-Line - just
click on these links to navigate to that directory.

> Second, making some kind of edit app so that full-line scripts can
> be written and uploaded and executed (or evoked) would bring the app
> into the "big leagues."

You can upload files (not enabled by default, you must set
file-upload = true
in config.php [and have file-upload enabled in PHP and write permission
in the current directory), then you can execute the uploaded script:
sh myscript.sh # (or bash myskript.sh, perl myskript.pl, ...)

> Having achieved both of those, it would be elementary to create a
> link next to each file that would allow editing of the file,

there is an 'internal' command "editor filename", where you can edit a
file (if you have write permissions)

> Once that is achieved, then I wonder if there is a way to create an
> SSL tunnel for all the activity.

That should not be an phpshell isssue - set up a (SSL-enabled)
apache-webserver, where you use phpshell.

Best regards,
Wolfgang