Hi Simon,

Thanks again for the reply.  Comments follow:

> Ok, so let me just replay this to make sure I have understood. For 1
> and 3 you are looking to deploy like this:
>
> htdocs/
>    MyPublic.php
> private/
>    MyService.php
>
> Where MyPublic looks something like
>
> <?php
>
> include 'bootstrap.php';
> include 'MyService.php';
>
> ?>

[Michael Caplan]

For the most part, yes.  To add to that, I'm using PEAR standards for
class naming and directory layout.  So let's say the service class is
Company_API_Stuff:

/
        bootstap.php
        htdocs/
                MyPublic.php
        Library/
                Company/
                        API/
                                Stuff.php

I'm also using the Zend framework, which has a handy PEAR complaint
loader, so MyPublic.php would look like this:

<?php

include '../bootstrap.php';
Zend_Loader::loadClass('Company_API_Stuff');

?>

So, SCA is expecting Stuff.php

> Some
> thoughts off the top of my head...
>
> 1/ Add an annotation that allows for an alternative name for a service
> instead of the class name
> 2/ Allow the local service call tests to be turned off in some way
>
> Are there ways you would rather have this work?

[Michael Caplan]

I'm not picky how this would be accomplished (through annotations, or
manual programmatic overrides of the current bootstrap).  I guess in my
scenario, I'd rather be able to control programmatically the SCA
bootstrap process, so I can tailor it to my particular deployment
layout.  I would guess their would be greater opportunities for custom
SCA bootstrapping through a flexible programmatic API vs. code
annotations.

> > On point 2, if I don't move my service class outside of the public
> PHP
> > script, I cannot include the bootstrap file at the top, followed by
> an
> > include of SCA.php.  SCA.php then assumes that my bootstrap script
> > contains my class for service binding.
>
> Not sure that I get this. Is the following what you describe?
>
> <?php
>
> include 'bootstrap.php';
> include 'SCA/SCA.php';
>
> class ????
>
> ?>

[Michael Caplan]

Exactly.  SCA would then expect bootstap.php.

Thanks,

Mike

E-mail messages may contain viruses, worms, or other malicious code. By reading
the message and opening any attachments, the recipient accepts full
responsibility for taking protective action against such code. Henry Schein is
not liable for any loss or damage arising from this message.

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. It
is intended solely for the addressee(s). Access to this e-mail by anyone else
is unauthorized.