On 7/5/07, Jack Zai <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am developing a JMS binding and would like to discuss some of the
> work i've done. basically, a message service listens to a queue at
> some JMS message provider e.g. ActiveMQ or IBM Websphere MQ. And a
> client or a reference can invoke the service's method by sending
> message to its destination queue, and receive the response from a call
> back queue, which can be provided at runtime by the client.
>
> I found there is an existing specification for SCA JMS Binding [1]
> from OSOA. This spec describes stuff like when receiving a request
> which method should be invoked, and how the data/parameters are packed
> into a JMS Message. I've already implemented section 1.5 and section
> 1.7.2 of that spec, and have some thoughts about the conversations
> (section 1.7.3), but not yet implemented.
>
> In addition, my solution requires another pecl extension SAM [2] for
> connecting to the message providers. The reason of choosing SAM is
> because that SAM provides one API for different messaging
> infrastructures, and also provides a generic extension mechanism which
> makes it easy to add new support. Currently SAM only supports XMS[3]
> for IBM products and MQTT, but I've also developed a new Stomp support
> for Active MQ, which will be included to the next release of SAM very
> shortly.
>
> If anyone is interested in the JMS binding or have any questions,
> please join the discussion here.
>
> Jack Zai
>
> [1] SCA JMS Binding V1.00 (PDF)
>
> http://www.osoa.org/download/attachments/35/SCA_AssemblyModel_V100.pdf?version=1
> [2] SAM - Simple Asynchronous Messaging for PHP (http://pecl.php.net/
> package/sam)
> [3] XMS -
> http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/library/techarticles/0509_phillips/0509_phillips.html
>

> Hey Jack, that sounds really cool. A couple of questions.

- How does a service listen to message queues. I.e. is there really a
listener or do you rely on user events before going and reading input
queues?

- Does the service take notice of the "reply to" information that can appear
in messages?

- How does a reference generate "reply to" information

- What does it mean to have a reference defined with a ms binding. Does it
mean calls through that reference will be synchronous, asynchronous or do I
get to choose.

- Is there a way I can programmatically receive messages from within a
service implementation.

It would be really good to get a look at the code. I'm not sure what the
process is for getting it from you. Have you signed a project Contributor
License Agreement (CLA) to indicate that you are free to give us the code
and are happy for us to use it?

If you have we could transfer it via the files section of the group but I
notice that it's set at the moment so that only managers can upload files.

We could do that via email and have one of the maintainers patch the code
into the branch for all to see. But what does everyone think about how we
should handle contributions like this. Should we have a separate place where
people can put contributions (like the file section of the google group)?

Regards