Sorry - In my case silence = I usually only watch the top 7 topics
i.e. the ones that show up on the phpsoa google page, and this one had
risen up and fallen below that threshold before I got round to reading
it.

I think it would be an interesting social experiment to see if we can
evolve some project guidelines on the wiki. Do please copy in the set
of headings and seed some sections. I liked the first paragraph of
http://producingoss.com/en/written-rules.html which emphasises the
need for evolved consensus, but the wonderful thing about a wiki is
that it allows debate in situ, so if you write something that I don't
like - or vice versa - we can mark the section as still under
discussion while we discuss it.

Matthew