On Fri, 19 Aug 2011 22:43:36 +0100, Darrell Hamilton <darre...@4over.com> wrote:

On the "Convert DocBook to Markdown" item, there seems to be at least a
handful of tools that can convert from HTML to Markdown.  I'll see about
putting aside some time to play with a few to figure out if there is a
"better" or "best" option among them and, seeing if there is something that can go directly from DocBook to Markdown without the extra step.

Thanks.

Are there any additional requirements, beyond just being able to convert?
Is this going to be a one time thing? (I assume 'yes') Does it need to be scriptable? (again, I assume 'yes')

Yes, one-time thing. Notes and warnings need to be preserved (I suppose Markdown doesn't have anything better than inline HTML for this).

--
regards, Kornel Lesiński