Comment #9 on issue 135 by heuermh: Constants are not constant in the core.

A workaround that retains binary compatibility would be to

1) create new static final fields where necessary
2) re-implement internal code to use only the new fields
3) mark the static non-final fields as @deprecated in version 1.3
4) remove the static non-final fields in version 2.0

The problem with this approach is that there are a lot of these, and we'd
be making
the API uglier before we would be able to make it nicer.

I vote for doing nothing in version 1.3 and making them all final in
version 2.0.

Piccolo2D Developers Group: