Hi Alex,

> As I said, not without modification of the low-level error handler.
> Execution is not continued after the error is caught, as the 'catch' is
> in 'mydefs' and not on the lowest level.
>
> Why would you need that?

It will enable code like this:

   (with-xml
      (<tag1 (@ attr1 val1)
         "text"
         (<tag2 "text")
         "text" ))

'with-xml' would be defined to overwrite the "undefined error handler"
in its dynamic scope to recognize calls whose CAR starts with '<'.

> Also, floating point calculations are better done separately (there are C
> functions for that)

Do you mean using FFI, i.e. calling C functions from Lisp? If so, how?
Could you give me an example for calling C's "double sin(double x)" in
<math.h>.

Best regards,
KS