Hi Henrik,
thanks, that's an interesting read.
So dividing a database in several smaller files and accessing them with
something like id or ext gives a distributed faster database, and when doing
so ie in an Amazon EC2 account the database might (automagically) end up on
different servers, thus becoming faster and (almost endlessly) scalable.
I have no practical experience with deploying picolisp or the amazon cloud,
so I'm just guessing, I just want to get a general idea of what can be done
with picolisp and what not.

Thorsten

PS
Is anybody using Emacs/Gnus for this mailing list and can give some advice
how to make that work?