Hi Alexander,

Distribution involves separate machines, connected via TCP. On each

> machine, typically several PicoLisp database processes are running,
>

> Changes to the individual DBs have to be done the normal way (e.g. the
> 'put>' family of methods), where each application (PicoLisp process
> family) is maintaining its own DB.

Is my interpretation right, that the ' several PicoLisp database processes'
running on one machine form a 'PicoLisp process family' that is considered
as one application with one database? So it is one database per machine,
using several processes on that machine, that has to be changed
individually, but can be queried as part of a distributed red of databases
on several machines connected via TCP?

How do you split up the databases? Rather by rows or rather by columns (I
know they are not 2D tables in picolisp, what I mean is: does every DB cover
the whole class hierarchy, but only a fraction of the objects, or does each
DB cover a fraction of the class hierarchy, but all objects belonging to
these classes?

Cheers
Thorsten