Hi Alex,

> Hi Jon,
>
>> I now re-did everything from scratch, in a new clean "ongoing test", and
>> think the results are now more what you had expected. The error messages
>> were now just this:
>> sed: 1: "x86-64.darwin.base.s": extra characters at the end of x command
>
> Ah, OK, this makes sense.
>

> It seems that 'sed' behaves differently, depending on the system. The
> "-i" option (in-place editing) may take an argument for the "extension".
> In GNU this is optional, but I suspect it is mandatory on the Mac.
>
> Please try
>
>    sed -i'' 's/@plt//' x86-64.darwin.base.s
>
> (an empty argument immediately after the 'i') or some variations of it.
>
> In any case, the final result should be that the "@plt" items are
> deleted, similar to the examples I gave
>
>> > here on my system).
>> >
>> > Here on my system, line 1957 of x86-64.darwin.base.s changed
>> >
>> >    1957c1957
>> >    <    call     allocC_A@plt
>> >    ---
>> >    >    call     allocC_A
>> >    1970c1970
>> >    <    call     getpid@plt
>> >    ---
>> >    >    call     getpid
>
> Cheers,
> - Alex

Using "sed -i'' 's/@plt//' x86-64.darwin.base.s" did not delete the "@plt"
items on my (brand new) iMac. The sed command is (like a few others OSX
commands) slightly "vintage"; the man page says "May 10, 2005". If you
like, you can have a look at the man page here:

http://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#documentation/Darwin/Reference/ManPages/man1/sed.1.html

The 'make' ended the same way as last time:
sed: 1: "x86-64.darwin.base.s": extra characters at the end of x command

Sorry ...

/Jon