Hi Damir,

> 1. App changes port number for each session
> I use Nginx to proxy request to one or more Thin's (rails app serves)
> running on high localhost ports (3000, 3001, 3002, ...)
>
> Can something similar be achieved with PicoLisp? Or, even better, how
> can PicoLisp app be served to the wild of Internet, being accessed via
> port 80?

I have picolisp behind nginx too, see
http://logand.com/blog/picolisp-behind-nginx-proxy.html

It is not complete description but gives you an idea of the nginx side.
The lisp side changes are described at
http://logand.com/picoWiki/rewriteUrl

Alex (the author of picolisp) uses httpGate which is in the picolisp
tarball.  It's basically very simple proxy fitted to his needs.

> 2. Backup With mysql (or any other) I do mysqdump and I'm done. Zipped
> .sql files are rsynced to remote locations for greater security.
>
> How is backing up PicoLisp databases done in production?

There have been threads on this mailing list about it in the past.

> and 3. Is it ready for production use?  Are there any production grade
> apps running PicoLisp? What are common setups and known issues
> beginner should expect?

Yes there are a few.  Alex has a few complex, Henrik has one I know of
and I have some, e.g. http://logand.com/sw/ondoc/index.html

I would say you should expect to have lots of questions about how things
work in picolisp as quite a few things are rather unconventional.  One
issue you already hit upon is that the default picolisp app url
convention will quite likely not suit you;-)

Cheers,

Tomas