On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 06:40:35PM +0700, Henrik Sarvell wrote:
> 1.) Simply don't use the app/gui server, like I do for vizreader.com, there
> I use cookies (see cookie in http.l).

No, don't let you be persuaded into something ;-)

The current app/gui server is still the best if you want to do real web
applications (in contrast to simple web pages), with a lot of state,
context and history in each session.

I still would like to see somebody writing a GUI framework with the
proper DB-to-GUI linkage necessary for a convenient application design
like the current PicoLisp solution, where you can encapsulate all
DB-related behavior (i.e. the complete application logic) into GUI
component classes. Without that, we (at 7fach GmbH) would never have
been able to write applications for our customers in the required
quality and time (i.e. costs).

All people who wrote differently here until now never addressed the core
of the problem, always only certain aspects.