Joe Bogner <> writes:

Hi Joe,

> I will give it a shot. This gives me a reason to try emacs again for
> picolisp. I installed everything the other day and then switched back
> to vi and vi mode in the repl after getting frustrated with not
> knowing how to cycle through my command history in inferior-picolisp.
> I am so used to <esc> k j

there is something superior to inferior-picolisp out there: Tomas
Hlavaty's slime/swank mode for PicoLisp. He recently posted the link to
his git-repo on the mailing list. Thats a top point on my agenda to make
that mode work for me and replace inferior-picolisp.

However, I found it very frustrating to be totally lost on the PicoLisp
command-line (since I don't know nothing about vi). And I do think that
the PicoLisp philosophy (live in the command-line, open an editor on
demand) does have its merits sometimes. Therefore I wrote the
Emacs-style editor. Its still alpha, but now I can use the PicoLisp line
editor in a 'natural way' (for an Emacs user), just like I use the Bash
command-line in Emacs mode "without thinking".

> After some googling tonight I found how to cycle using
> * M-p (comint-previous-input)
>   Select the previous command in the input history.
> * M-n (comint-next-input)
>   Select the next command in the input history.
> It might be nice to add this and any other tricks to your emacs style
> page.

Thats already implemented, but I used C-p and C-n instead of M-p and M-n
since there is only only line in the REPL and and C-p and C-n can't
server as line-up and line-down in a buffer. However, I could change
that anytime.