Hi Rick,

a Happy New Year to you too! And to everybody else, of course! :)

And thanks for the feedback and links.

> I have mixed feelings about: "this would break the fundamental rule that
> the GUI should also work in an environment without JavaScript"
>
> It seems contrary to what most companies are pursuing, e.g.: "
> http://www.sencha.com/blog/the-making-of-fastbook-an-html5-love-story";

Sure, that's true. And in fact we are currently also using Phonegap and
fries.js in the same project.

Still it is an important feature for me if an application works _also_
without JavaScript and cookies, running in plain text browsers or
scrape-script-driven, without any limits to handicapped persons (screen
readers) or in otherwise restricted environments. Another gain is
performance because of the lightweight.

> Under Windows I have used nodeJS so that localhost can query PicoLisp, in a
> psuedo RESTful manner (i.e., no app session...)

Yes, and you can use PicoLisp in that way also in the standard setup. I
do this for simple static pages.

But I strongly disagree in non-trivial cases. The session-oriented
protocol of a PicoLisp app is a must for me. A stateless paradigm like
REST (keeping the state in the client instead of the server) would IMHO
be by far inferior for the kind of applications I'm dealing with. As a
matter of principle some state must be hold in the database on the
server, and therefore also most decisions concerning the flow, so
delegating some part of the state to the client gives a very unmodular
program structure.