On Sun, Jul 27, 2014 at 8:05 AM, Alexander Burger <a...@software-lab.de> wrote:
> Hi Christophe,

Hi.

> Thinking about it (again), it occurs to me that this description in some
> way matches the behavior of _external_ symbols. These also may change
> their value (and properties) «spontaneously».
>
> Perhaps you can take a look at how external symbols are handled by the
> interpreter when they are accessed.

If I sum up (efficiently) my problem, I need a program like:

(Display "hello")

to have two interpretations.
In the first context it would (surprise surprise) «println "hello"».
In the second context it should be reprogramed to generate some XML.
No problem for Display, but "hello" should spontaneously have its value
changed to some XML containing the string "hello".

So external symbols won't help me here.
Thanks again anyway. I managed to do what I wanted in EmuLisp:
https://github.com/Grahack/EmuLisp/commit/3074425789496e49f352d6b6640ef8048316dd62
which is the only platform I need this trick implemented on for now.

Thinking about this a bit harder, I may need it on the other platforms
(original PicoLisp and Ersatz), since it is a great way to export
programs to HTML for instance. Maybe I won't need transient to
generate something else than themselves though.

chri

--

http://profgra.org/lycee/ (site pro)
http://delicious.com/profgraorg (liens, favoris)