Henrik Sarvell <hsarv...@gmail.com>
writes:

Hi Henrik,

> I noted that it's not possible to download PDFs at all from Scribd
> anymore without paying $9.

Yes, as always they just '(ab)use' the people to make money out of other
peoples time and effort  ;(

But I thought if you open a (free) account you can still download the
pdf? OTOH, for a while the docs were really unusable on scribd because
they "improved" their UI, but now it seems much better again and pretty
fast.

But anyway - the pdfs are on Github too (!), and the two PDF download
links on this page (http://picolisp.com/wiki/?Documentation) point to
the (raw) PDF files on Github, not on Scribd. So anyone should be able
to still download the pdfs for free. Or even better, just fork/clone the
git repos and you have the sources and the pdfs.

> What about making them downloadable from picolisp.com?

They are, see above.

> On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 1:57 AM, Thorsten Jolitz
> <tjol...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Christophe Gragnic
>> <christophegrag...@gmail.com> writes:

>>> here <http://www.software-lab.de/doc/>,
>>>
>>> I realised only a few months ago that these pages were Jon's work (or
>>> in part?). Thanks for this. I'd be curious to have an historical point
>>> of view concerning the doc.
>>>
>>> Now a question then a suggestion.
>>>
>>> Is there a good reason to have separate pages? I understand that only
>>> one page would be huge but I'd find it more convenient.
>>>
>>> Would it be interesting to have the ref in a format like Markdown and
>>> generate a single or several pages, in html or pdf?
>>> BTW I just noticed in the doc for (usec) that there was a typo and
>>> that I don't find it very clear:
>>> http://software-lab.de/doc/refU.html#usec
>>
>> Are you aware of
>>
>> http://www.scribd.com/doc/103732688/PicoLisp-Works