Cat,

Try an older version of qemu. If it works, you can try newer ones if they
have features or bugs corrected that may affect you.

I had the same problem, but thanks to Joe Bogner and Alex, I have it
running. Here's the link to the older qemu that worked:

http://qemu.weilnetz.de/w64/qemu-w64-setup-20140715.exe

I was running it on Win 8 64-bit at the time.

Regards,

Rob