Hi! I am very interested in the idea and look of PilOS; however, I'm having
some issues trying to get started with it. Can I ask about those here?

First, the command on the Wiki seems to have an issue, which I asked about
here
<http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/276480/booting-a-raw-disk-image-in-qemu>
-- it seems like it should be:

qemu-system-x86_64 -drive format=raw,file=x86-64.img

Even when I run that (apparently more correct) command, PilOS gives "READ
ERROR 09" and hangs.

I also tried booting my laptop from the raw disk image written to a USB. It
said "Loading PilOS", then printed "Checking for long support..." and hung,
not continuing for the time I let it sit at that screen (about 20 minutes).

My laptop is a Toshiba Satellite from 2012, it's 64-bit, has lots of ram
and has inbuilt SSE 4.2 support, so I don't think it's my hardware.

Could anyone offer some pointers here? Thanks!