Ok,

I uploaded the mingw package for testing here:

http://www.miscdebris.net/stuff/plplot-5.7.1-mingw-binary.zip

This should contain all needed to start using plplot for mingw without
compiling itself. It contains all drivers available for windows also
wxwidgets. I produced it like that:

1) cd plplot
2) mkdir build
3) cd build
4) cmake -G "MinGW Makefiles" -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=local
-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS=ON
-DwxWidgets_LIB_DIR=%WXWIN%/lib/gcc_dll -DwxWidgets_CONFIGURATION=msw
-DENABLE_MIX_CXX=ON -DENABLE_java=OFF -DENABLE_python=OFF
-DENABLE_tcl=OFF -DPLD_svg=ON -DPLD_pdf=ON ..
5) mingw32-make install
6) cd ..
7) check scripts/make_win_package.bat (version number, settings)
8) scripts\make_win_package.bat

The dlls and libs are in the lib directory. The header files are in
include/plplot. You need to set the PATH variable to the lib directory
so that windows can find the dlls.

I already tested it and it worked well.

I'll update the release managers cookbook. I'll check the gpg stuff, I
have it already but never signed a package so far.

Alan, I also want to include into this zip a small readme file, where I
explain in short how to use it, and also two batch files (mingw, vc)
which should compile x01c.c just for test purposes (for the user and the
packager). Where should I copy this Readme file in the plplot
repository? doc?

The batch files go into scripts again, or?

Regards,
Werner

--
Dipl. Ing. Werner Smekal