On 2007-01-05 10:55+0100 Werner Smekal wrote:

> Alan, I also want to include into this zip a small readme file, where I
> explain in short how to use it, and also two batch files (mingw, vc) which
> should compile x01c.c just for test purposes (for the user and the packager).
> Where should I copy this Readme file in the plplot repository? doc?
>
> The batch files go into scripts again, or?

These files are all related to a (windows) binary release of PLplot so I
suggest using a new directory called binary_release for all of them. I find
readme files are sometimes moved into different directories for installs,
etc., so I further suggest putting a suffix on the readme file name (e.g.,
readme.binary_release) to distinguish it from all other readme's.

Furthermore, I suggest you "cvs add" make_all_vc.bat and make_all_mingw.bat
(and associated readme.third_party) as well since I am sure both you and
Arjen (and Jim) will want to update those files over time using our CVS
facilities.  Since these are all related to third-party libraries, I suggest
the name of the directory for these files should be third_party.

Since both binary_release and third_party are windows related, you may want
to put both those new subdirectories under a new top-level subdirectory called
windows.

Note, I sometimes have trouble inventing descriptive names of new
subdirectories so if you can think of better names, that is fine.  Also, make
sure you have made the final decision on the subdirectory name before you
cvs commit since cvs does not allow you to remove a subdirectory once its
been committed.

package (plplot.org); the Yorick front-end to PLplot (yplot.sf.net); the
Loads of Linux Links project (loll.sf.net); and the Linux Brochure Project