On 2008-08-07 17:11-0600 Orion Poplawski wrote:

> Orion Poplawski wrote:
>> Looking good.  I think the ada hang issue is a problem with my test
>> machine.
>
> Scratch that.  Ada hang is pretty reproducible on Fedora Rawhide.
>

> Get hang on i386, on x86_64:
>
>  10/ 17 Testing examples_ada
> Test command: /bin/bash -c
> EXAMPLES_DIR=/builddir/build/BUILD/plplot-5.9.0-svn8608/fedora/examples\
> SRC_EXAMPLES_DIR=/builddir/build/BUILD/plplot-5.9.0-svn8608/examples\
> PLPLOT_LIB=/builddir/build/BUILD/plplot-5.9.0-svn8608/data/\
> ./plplot-test.sh\ --device=psc\ --front-end=ada
> Test timeout computed to be: 1500
> Testing front-end ada
> PLplot library version: 5.9.0
> raised STORAGE_ERROR : stack overflow (or erroneous memory access)
> -- Process completed
> ***Failed

Orion, I get that same run-time error message, but until now nobody else saw
it.  Thanks for the confirmation. My system is also 64-bit (amd64) so it may
be related to that.

It's interesting you get no hang on your 64-bit system (just the above error
message), but you do get a hang on your 32-bit system (i386).  Nobody else
has seen that with their 32-bit systems.  A hang is pretty serious (never
seen that before with PLplot). Are there any system log error messages
associated with it (perhaps it is waiting for a system resource?) or
anything else you can disagnose?