On 2008-08-14 08:14-0600 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> My problem is that I'm building RPM packages and so it's pretty much
> impossible to do the testing in the install tree.  I'll work on a patch.

Thanks in advance, Orion.  I suggest instead of using --debug, you use
--extra-verbose as the name of the plplot-test.sh option.  That name is more
consistent with what you want (more verbosity).  Internally in
plplot-test.sh and test*.sh, you could still use the verbose_test
environment variable, but assign numerical values to it (0 for no verbosity,
1 for the current level you get with the --verbose option, 2 for the extra
verbosity you want).

BTW, there is an --extra-verbose option for ctest.  As far as I can tell,
our current ctest results are identical with that option or the ctest
--verbose option.  If we have access to that when running our tests (I am
about to ask that question on the CML), then we can choose the
plplot-test.sh verbosity at ctest run time rather than cmake time, which
should be considerably more convenient.