On Tue, Mar 31, 2020 at 1:35 PM Tomas Kuchta <tomas.kuchta.li...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I am afraid that if cups http interface does not respond properly - it will
> likely not be able to be configured this way - most of the content is
> active - not in files.
>
> In any case - you could always try to navigate to URLs as if they would be
> on your desktop to list/add printers.
>
> Tomas
>
> On Tue, Mar 31, 2020, 01:09 Michael Barnes <barnmich...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Still fighting printer problems. I tried going to the cups management
> page
> > at localhost:631. I get the index page, but every line I click on brings
> up
> > a window that says "Not Found". Not much help. Where is it looking fo
> these
> > files? I think I found some of them in /usr/share/cups/doc-root/help/ but
> > that apparently is not where the website is looking for them.

.
I think I understand that. What I can't figure out is how to navigate to
it.  When I point my browser to localhost:631, where is it looking? There
has to be some kind of index.html or something to generate the main web
page. There has to be some kind of source file. The links on that page for
the various instructions point to localhost:631/help/<file>, but when I
click on them, it says "Not Found". I have found the various files at
/usr/share/cups/doc-root/help/ and I can point the browser at
/usr/share/cups/doc-root/help/overview.html and read the page. However for
actions like "Adding Printers and Classes" the link says
localhost:631/admin. Like everything else, clicking on that returns "Not
Found". Admin has to be  a file, link, command, something, but what and
where? If I knew where it was, maybe I could find it, navigate to it, and
move on.
It is looking like hplip is my main problem. Looking at my other computer,
it looks like hplip isn't even installed, that it is only using cups. Maybe
I need to remove hplip and just use cups. Maybe I need to reinstall cups.
If I can figure out how to do that.

Michael