rickwookie wrote:
> Ok, I understand what you're explaining regarding how the timing
> mechanism works, so why not allow a fixed value to by set somewhere in
> the plugin for the delay to be used. Therefore, as in your example :
> The iOS device will get a value to delay the video by, as specified in
> the plugin settings. The problem for me currently is that the delay is
> always 0s (or maybe something short like 2s) so the audio is ALWAYS
> behind.
> If we could set this delay manually, we could tweak it for our
> particular setups so that most of the time it would be at least a close
> approximation to being in sync. As it is, it will always be way off and
> unusable for video.

Well, it will still be a hit and miss as, again, the LMS players play
... whenever they play. So it might swing +/- 300ms or more, but you
will not have any certainty, LMS time cannot be controlled by an
external source with the existing API. As long as one of the entities
contains a random time element, there is nothing you can do for the
whole system.

My latest version of Shairtunes2W includes a "AirPlay latency" that you
can play with, it's made for another purpose but it should affect the
system the way you want.

But again, understand that what you want to do cannot be achieve in a
reliable way with the existing LMS interface. You'll get sometimes
close, sometimes not.

AppleTV 4, Airport Express