vhs wrote:
> I've tried to install Shairtunes2 on my iMac as directed in your
> https://github.com/disaster123/shairport2_plugin/blob/master/README.md
>
> Followed all the steps and the plugin is showing in LMS 7.9.0 but no
> sign of the avahi-daemon and a log message shows that it isn't in the
> path. How should avahi be installed and have I missed anything? Needless
> to say, my iphone and ipad don't show any Squeezebox players in the
> Airplay list.
>
> Viv

You don't need avahi. The plugin just tries different mDNS publishers
and if it can't find any, it uses a built-in one. Make sure that you do
not have a firewall blocking the shairport_helper-osx, that it likely to
be the issue. Other than that, enable "info" log level for that plugin
and post result here

AppleTV 4, Airport Express