Earlier in this thread, two posters, 'mrMuppet' and 'mnd999', seem to
have succeeded in compilling Spotty for FreeBSD. I'm not looking forward
to install my own Rust/Cargo environment and clone the Spotty helper
application repository to see  if I can get a working Spotty. I will if
I have to, but maybe 'mrMuppet' or 'mnd999' are willing to share their
hard work??

What I find curious: If you look at the latest FreeBSD port of the
Logitechmediaserver (7.9.1.g2017.07.11) it explicitely states: - fully
support spotty plugin for Spotify support.

Not sure what that means. It does not seem to work for me.