thing I'd like to see queried from the API would be the "Songs" view
which is normally in the "Your Library" tab - you're already
successfully getting Albums and Artists at the current state, so it
should be pretty simple to get that list as well

Simple, yes. But I mentioned this before: the problem is the number of items. I can only get 50 items in one request. People easily have thousands of them, which would require launching dozens of requests to get that list. This would take too long to provide a good experience. Plus triggering dozens of requests in a short time frame could get us blocked from Spotify.

--

Michael