However, when I look at the same playlist via Spotty I'm only seeing 491
for some reason. I've tried removing the Spotty plugin and re-installing
but no dice.

Spotty is limited to 500 track per playlist. You could get your own application ID (client_id) from https://beta.developer.spotify.com/, then enter it in Settings/Advanced/Spotty. This would give you access to more items.

The reason for this is that all Spotty users share one client_id. If somebody triggered an insane number of requests, or even if a hundred users tried to get their 1500 tracks playlist, all the others might get banned. By using your own client_id, you don't share any risk. It'll be only you being (temporarily) banned, if at all.

--

Michael