mherger wrote:
> > the message comes from "Windows update stand alone installer" and
> states
> > "this update is not applicable to your computer...."
>
> Hmm... that's really odd. As LMS itself is 32 bit, too, the architecture
>
> can't be the problem. Are you sure you downloaded the correct file? And
>
> it did download correctly?
>
> --
>
> Michael

Turned out the reason it "wasn't applicable" is that I'd already
installed C++ six years ago! I initiated a repair anyway (the system
offered the option) in case it had somehow been corrupted.

But Spotty still doesn't work. VCRUNTIME 140.dll not found error and the
same suggested solutions. Install C++, or re-install Spotty.exe.  As to
re-installing Spotty I can't see how that should be done. Tried
disabling it then re-enabling it but that made no difference. So how do
you properly uninstall / reinstall Spotty?

Many thanks, appreciate the help.