left channel wrote:
> Yes there's a whole subculture built up around using WASAPI in exclusive
> mode for best sound quality. My other player apps are set to WASAPI
> exclusive, but none were running when I tried that in Squeezelite-X.
> When I launch them they grab that mode immediately, and would complain
> if they found Squeezelite-X already owning it. So yes it's a can of
> worms and maybe you don't want to go there, but I suspect you'll  be
> receiving more questions about this.

I'm afraid all you are gonna get is existing underlying functionality of
squeezelite-win.exe which SLX runs under the covers.  I thought I saw it
working for me before.  I see that it works for others.  I still suspect
contention with other process.  In any case I don't have any code that
directly addresses it, I'm just passing along your output device choice
to squeezelite-win.exe and it takes it from there.

R Greg Dawson

Squeezelite-X