Siduhe >>> Thanks for yet another really helpful bit of advice (I got a
lot of help from your posts to this forum about MM/MIP).  I'll
certainly make the change you suggest to the settings;  but its good to
know that a 'clear and rescan' is still there as a failsafe.

On a point that seemed to come up a lot in the threads I read about the
right order for starting MIP and SS - I've done as MeSue suggested in

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=23320&highlight=slimappend

She said...

MeSue;109072 Wrote:
> The only thing special I've had to do is add -slim -slimappend to the
> command line parameters in my startup shortcut for MusicIP Mixer. It
> has always worked.

Seems to work fine for me - SS service starts automatically;  I just
start the MIP GUI with these parameters and the programs see each
other.  (Has some one done some work with SS6.5.1 to improve this
issue?)

Many thanks, and best wishes.

--
Diana