philippe_44 wrote:
> Yes, that's exactly one of the key things I've added in version 1.0.0:
> squeeze2upnp is now capable of decoding mp3,flac,aac,ogg then apply
> gain, do fade-in/out/cross, resample if you set it up, and *then*
> re-encode in flac or just let it in PCM before it is sent to the player.
> So you have a well-controlled, repeatable, format sent to your player,
> no matter what you received. The last option is that 'flow' mode where
> all tracks can be sent in one single long track which enables real
> gapless. In that mode obviously, everything is resampled to the same
> rate and sample size will be forced (you also loose metadata)
That seems to work well (I have also used c3po for some of my devices,
which also helped).  On my M1 it works best with flac (uncompressed)
rather than pcm.  Thanks.

LMS 7.9.1 on VortexBox Midi box, Xubuntu 17.10, FLACs 16->24 bit,
44.1->192kbps.  Touch & EDO. 2nd Touch standard.
LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (to A308CR amp & ESLs) &
Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
Alternatively Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC
renderers.
Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
Wireless Xubuntu 17.10 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with
Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.