Man in a van wrote:
> I'll be putting a box of large Swan Vesta on a well known auction site
> next week:p  (sigh:rolleyes:)
>
> I still have a use for the pitchfork :)

I was away/offline for two days when the problem happened and I was
surprised by a long 404 thread and how much feeling there was about the
issue and how many posters wanted to post/vent somewhere.  It
highlighted how many forums users normally just read and wait for others
to notify and resolve problems. But this time,  without visible
progress - they wanted to be heard.  I ended up spending time writing
posts trying to explain & dissuade the few from sending letters etc
(which would have been misplaced as BBC did no great wrong) rather than
looking at the problem.  It's great that mrw did the detective work and
unlike me didn't get sucked into debate - lesson learnt.