Owen Smith wrote:
> I wonder how many hardware internet radios have had their listen again
> broken by this change? I suspect all of them? In which case why are the
> manufacturers not frothing at the mouth? Or are there no hardware
> internet radios doing listen again, in which case why did the BBC change
> this at all? Or was there a way they plugin code could have been written
> that would work with both old and new BBC feeds? I'm just confused how
> this hasn't broken everything else that uses the feed.

BBC maintain discussions with vendors (e.g Systemline) I suspect there
is a vendors technical mailing list/discussion groups with advice on
upcoming changes. For example, the BBC provide an up to date list of
live stream URL here
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/imda/imda_transports.xml

BBC could have included info in the HTTP headers or XML body but nobody
was looking.