cpd73 wrote:
> First of all, let me state I am coming round to the idea that the list
> of browse modes should be fetched from the server - so this would be per
> player (as that's the way it works).
>
> However, I fail to see -why- I would want different *browse modes*. I
> have 2 players, but with these I still want the same views (on the
> material UI). I can see the need for virtual libraries (so, my music,
> kids music, etc). But why would I want "Artists" upstairs, but not
> downstairs?
For 1 person, you'd be absolutely right, but my daughter has her
preferences for the player she uses most, which is in her room without
any additional interface than either web GUI, my wife likewise for the
player in her workshop, myself I quite often use "Random Album", whereas
they never do. Limiting the GUI to each person's preferences makes it
cleaner and clearer IMO, and since there are no real user profiles in
LMS, that's only feasible when taking into account the individual
players.

Main System: Touch; Marantz SR-5004 + TMA Premium 905 + TMA Premium 901
+ Teufel Ultima 20 Mk 2 + BK Monolith+ FF + Lenovo T460 + Kodi + Pioneer
PDP-LX5090H
Workshop: iPad 32GB Wifi + Squeezepad (local playback activated)
Wherever needed: Acer Iconia Tab A700 + Squeezeplayer
Kitchen: iPhone 5s + iPeng (local playback activated) + NAD 312 + Teufel
Ultima 20 Mk 2
Headphone (cozy corner): Lenovo T550 + Squeezelite-X + Cyrus Soundkey +
Topping A30 + Focal Elear
Car: TBC ...