bakker_be wrote:
> For 1 person, you'd be absolutely right, but my daughter has her
> preferences for the player she uses most, which is in her room without
> any additional interface than either web GUI, my wife likewise for the
> player in her workshop, myself I quite often use "Random Album", whereas
> they never do. Limiting the GUI to each person's preferences makes it
> cleaner and clearer IMO, and since there are no real user profiles in
> LMS, that's only feasible when taking into account the individual
> players.

But even here, its really per-person, not per-player. Its only
per-player at the moment as this is what LMS supports, and (I assume)
people use a specific player. But, in reality, what you want is a
per-user setting. This could be accomplished by the material UI having a
selection for the enabled views.

I still think for a device's UI - per player makes sense. For a
multi-device controller (such as the web UI) then it should be
per-user.

I'm torn between reading LMS's settings (which would be consistent with
others, be per-player, but means changes when changing payer), or making
the list of modes selectable in the material settings dialog (which
would make them per-user)...