I was hoping to get your opinion...

>From the start of using the UPnPBridge, the UPnP session between LMS and
the renderer in my Hegel H190 drops sporadically and frequently. Power
cycling the Hegel seems to be the only remedy. I can easily reproduce
session drops by track scrubbing (forward and backward), making rapid
track changes etc.

I'm running LMS 7.7.6 on a Synology DS-218+. My emerging theory is the
NAS could be sacrificing session stability in favour of of other tasks.
For example, "housekeeping" tasks on the NAS maybe taking CPU cycles
away from LMS (along with UPnPBridge) to the point where UPnP session
management is compromised.

Do you think that dedicating a Windows computer strictly to LMS, would
reduce or eliminate these session drops?

FYI: As a work-around I've been using Synology's Audio Station/Media
Server combo. It very rarely drops sessions but has some other nasty
behaviour. It also lacks the elegance of the iPeng/LMS experience.

I've been looking at Roon and Audirvana as potential replacements for
LMS but neither appeal to me for various reasons. Being a long time
user, I'm very devoted to LMS.

Thank you.

*Tim*

Living Room: Hegel H190 w/built-in DAC and Renderer supported by
squeeze2upnp plugin, Spendor A4 Speakers
Bedroom: Boom
Controller: iPeng
Server: Synology DS-218+