Jaca wrote:
> I'm having deja vu moment. Didn't we discuss this before? :p
>
> Although Group players plugin is excellent it doesn't quite cut it when
> using it for stereo pair of two Radios.
> If I remember correctly it becomes too messy/confusing.. Like when you
> use hardware buttons..or player menu, you technically break group.
> Alternatively you could use both Radios as control only of Group
> player(rather then itself) but then I think presets don't work or even
> power button.. I cannot remember exactly, but I know I gave up this idea
> when trying to explain it all to my missus. She basically didn't want to
> know all intricacies.  So I've settled for permanent sync instead which
> works great....  with exception when synced stereo pair is part of group
> :(

Yes, the Group players is not made to replace permanently synchronized
devices like stereo pairs. I have to disband the group at some time when
paused/stopped and this is where the difficulty happens. Still, you can
set a timer for group disbanding on pause which I think solves some
(most?) of the issues.

LMS 8.1.x on Odroid-C4 - *SqueezeAMP!*, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet,
1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000,
ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi,
Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3